Chique Critique

Flicks by a Chick

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Black Swan

     Okay let me start off by saying how much I adore Natalie Portman. I've loved practically every movie she's ever been in. She's such a versatile actress that she can be in a kids movie to a creepy movie like Black Swan. I love this movie soooo much. I find it so frightening that you can EASILY loose your mind. Natalie Portman plays an extremely dedicated ballerina who wants the lead roll in Swan Lake; the white swan. Except the director of the ballet is changing the play up a bit by adding the sinister black swan to it and having the main roll play both parts. Natalie Portman's character is a very innocent, sweet, young girl who just wants to dance well and please her mother, with whom she lives with. Once her mind is SET on becoming the white and black swan, Portman's character takes a turn for the worst.
     This movie is so creepy in so many ways; from the cinematography, to the outfits during the play, to Portman's mind going out of control. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time watching it...alone (bad idea). I highly recommend this movie. Like I said, Portman has never failed me in a movie before and she doesn't start here with this one.
NOT FOR CHILDREN
Out of 10 stars...I give it a 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home